Last week we released a post on “10 Tips for Creative Prospecting Online”. This week I want to share with you a few more creative ideas to reach out to new prospects. Partnering with a current client is a great way to get an “in” with a prospective business. Your clients value your business, and if you’re offering an incentive, it’s a win-win situation.
Below are 10 more creative ways you can push your prospecting forward online.
- Give a talk or presentation at a networking event, a conference, local service organization, or industry meeting. Look at speaking at a rotary events. They are always looking for speakers.
- Look for promotions, press releases, new product announcements, awards, etc. Write congratulatory notes or send a relevant current article with a personal note.
- Create a business e-card. There are many apps where you can beam your card right to someone else’s device.
- Attend and participate in local seminars, workshops, and networking events. In today’s environment, there are quite a few online networking events that offer participants the opportunity to share information in joint chat rooms.
- Ask champion customers to take you to one of their networking events and introduce you. In return, offer them something that they would normally have paid for.
- Instead of asking for a referral and calling the referral yourself, have the customer make the introduction and offer an incentive for referring business.
- Have a customer set up a conference call or meeting that involves him or her and supports your product or service.
- Introduce yourself to VIPs and speakers at networking events or conferences. Tell them what you know about them, give them a sincere compliment, and tie in the value of your product or service to something you heard them say.
- Ask the prospect what his or her ideal customer, vendor, or employee is and then refer prospects, vendors, or job candidates.
- Offer to exhibit at a trade show or sponsor an event at a prospect’s convention or conference.
Here we are, 10 more creative ways to get ahead with your prospecting. Feel free to share these with your colleagues and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more tips from Tyson Group.